
My first ever competitive running race. Angela said I was pretty nervous. She said I kept making comments about how all the other people looked fast and she got sick of me saying those kinds of things. This was a great run. 13.1 miles in length, it was the perfect preparation for Grandma's marathon next month. I ran a strong race and felt great throughout, however it was tough to touch the times on the fastest guys. I was in a tough age group as I finished fifth overall, and fourth in my age group. My time was 1:26.56. My wife had hardly run at all and she finished third in her age group. Included is a picture of me toward the start of the race (5K and half marathon). I am about the fifth person from the front in the red shorts and no shirt. Photos by Anderson Photography.
No comments:
Post a Comment