Saturday, September 15, 2007

Chequamegon XXV







This was my first mountain bike race. I raced the race on a rental bike as my bike was in the shop. Not ideal to be riding a bike you are not familiar with, but at least I was able to ride. I stopped two miles in to adjust my seat post, which was too low and I had not noticed that when I initially picked up the bike. It was a beautiful day and was wonderful for being able to gain some experience handling the trails. Luckily I didn't have to stop once, but I did have to walk the bike up the Firetower Hill. I think if there wouldn't have been such a big mass of people walking their bikes, I probably could have pedalled up the hill in low gear, but I will never know that. Unfortunately, that is an area where there tends to be a big bottleneck of riders since everyone slows down at that point. My goal was to finish in under 3 hours and my time was 2:52:52.8. I was 498th out of 1742 overall and 74/175 in age group.

No comments: