Sunday, June 29, 2008

RCU Charity Classic


My wife and I traveled out to Eau Claire for the RCU Charity Classic. Angela brought her friend Leiah Bowen from work. We came down for the 10K race. All three of us raced the 10K, with Angela and Leiah running together and finishing in 1:03:51.3 (they finished together in 265 and 266th place) out of 371 runners. Congrats to Leiah, as this was her first race. She was nervous leading up to it, but did wonderful and they both had a great time. I also did the 10K and finished in 40:55.2 (28th overall and 3rd in my age group for a 6:36 min/mile). I then got crazy and signed up for the 2 mile immediately after and finished in 12:20.4 (6:10 min/mile which was 19th overall out of 251 runners and 2nd in my age group). Let me tell you, the lunch at Manny's (a mexican restaurant) was well deserved. Check out the yellow and white runner's number badge on my shorts in the shot of me crossing the finish. That is cool since I was one of the select few to compete in both races. Two mile results are posted at http://www.rcu.org/news_and_education/charity_classic/2008_2mile_overall.pdf 10K results are posted at http://www.rcu.org/news_and_education/charity_classic/2008_10K_overall.pdf

No comments: