
This was my very first snowshoe race. It was a blast. Snow actually fell throughout the race. The race took place primarily on groomed snowmobile trails, with a mile or so of the race on singletrack. I was very conservative throughout the race. A fellow friend of mine who also snowshoes mentioned that a common problem that many fall into is going out too fast and not having enough gas in the tank at the end. I watched the conditions and gave my kick at the end and it ended up giving me a first place finish in this 10K race out of 47 snowshoers. My time was 54:26.2. I must say this was a well-organized race and the directors did a wonderful job with the post-race food and awards. The great picture was taken by Image by Faud, a photographer out of Depere, Wisconsin.
No comments:
Post a Comment