Saturday, February 14, 2009

2009 Book Across the Bay




It seems like I say this about many races, but this race is one of the most fun races I have ever done. It is a blast. The first picture shows a bunch of containers made from ice which are used to hold candles. These luminaries line the race course and light the path for the entire duration o the race. This year, they could not start it in Ashland, but it did a loop course starting and ending in Washburn (which is the typical finish). The event was shortened from a 10K race to a 7K race due to compromised snow and ice conditions since it was so warm the days leading up to the race. I finished the race in 35:38 and was first overall out of 386 people. The post race party is awesome. There was a band, plenty of food, and best of all. . .it was all in a warm tent so racers could be out of the cold.

No comments: