



This was one of the highlights of my running experience. A wonderfully run race which was done on a warm, hilly course. 13.1 miles running mostly along Duluth's ever-popular Lake Superior and also finishing within the beautiful downtown area of Duluth. I finished in 1:28:21, which is a little over a minute off of my PR, but I was happy to place 146th out of 5,604, which was in the top 2.6% of runners in the race. I definitely would have liked to have finished a couple of minutes faster, but my overall placing in the event was right where I had hoped it would be. The best part of running the half marathon was that I was able to watch the finishers in the full marathon. An American won this year. What's better is that it was someone who was a Minnesota native. We must be proud of local talent finishing so well and beating all the favorites who were expected to do much better. Temperatures reached a high of 90 by 1:00 pm. Even at 5:00 am in the morning as we were waiting to load into buses, the temps were 69 degrees. That's hot.




No comments:
Post a Comment