Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cinco de Kilo 5K

The Cinco de Kilo race was a fundraiser race that was put on to benefit a woman in Hudson named Karis Steenberg who had been diagnosed with cancer.  The fundraiser was designed to help raise money to help Karis.  My wife and daughter and I attended the 5K race on May 5 in Hudson, Wisconsin.  We were lucky to have some cool weather for the event.  There were 77 people that participated in the event.  My wife, Angela, pushed Kaia in the stroller and finished in 35:08.  This was her longest run since having a stress fracture in her foot 3 months ago.  She was pretty excited to be able to run at all.  She also did great as she pushed Kaia during the event.  After I had finished I got a few pictures of Angela and Kaia.  Kaia looks like she was maxin' and relaxin'.  Afterward, I decided to go for a quick swim in the river before we met up with family.  It was very invigorating.  Angela snuck a quick picture of me and caught me by surprise.  I took a picture of the snacks at the end of the race since my brother Dan and I had once run a Thanksgiving Day race where the fruit was cut up with a knife which was left out in the open for anyone to grab or play with.  Not a very safe idea, but since it has been a few years since I have seen this, I figured I better include a picture of this in the blog.  I would recommend hiding the knife when little kids are around, but that is just my opinion.  I finished first overall in 19:43, roughly a half minute in front of the next competitor.  It was a nice race which did double up on some of the routes in the park down by the river in Hudson. 





No comments: