When we got to the race, Kaia didn't know what to think. People were walking around covered in mud, mud, and more mud. Angela ran the race first. She managed to keep herself fairly clean through most of the race, but that was soon to change.

She decided a sliding approach to the final mud pits was the safest way to go.

But then she had to finally walk through the mud pit. Sorry Angela, but you are about to get dirty.

Upon existing the last of the mud pits, she is covered almost from head to toe.

Kaia didn't know what to think of mom's new look. She sure was dirty. Angela finished the 5K course in a time of 34:12.10. She was 353rd out of 3911 females. Pretty good there, Angela!

Then it was my turn. I tackled the obstacles with determination (or at least a desire to not get burned in the fire).

I decided to jump across the mud pits. I never did the long jump in high school track, so unfortunately I still landed in the water at the end of the pit.

I then scaled the walls in the mud pit obstacle. I finished in at time of 23:24.00. This was good for 30th out of 3166 males and 32nd out of 7077 overall during the event. Also, not bad considering I ran another 5K earlier in the day.

All that was left now was the cold showers. Angela wished she was at home where the water was warmer, but she had to settle for cold water out of a fire hose. The look on her face says it all.

What a great day to be a Warrior and complete the Warrior Dash. We all had a blast and love the hats.




No comments:
Post a Comment