Last year I brought home the pickle trophy at the Cucumber Fest run. This year I had some supporters to come and cheer me on. There was no kids' race today for Kaia to participate in.
Kaia found her special Spongebob blanket to sit on.
And they're off!
I am seen here rounding one of the final corners of the race.
I quickly approach the finish line.
Kaia, book in hand, walks with me to go to the refreshment table.
There were all sorts of refreshments. Bagels, bananas, oranges, water, and of course, pickles.
The refreshment people had all sorts of supplies sitting out in the coolers. Yet another race where the knives used to cut the fruit up are left out in the open. I never can quite understand why so many races do this. It's pretty dangerous in my opinion.
I finished the 5K course in 19:11, which was 5th place out of 42 runners. No pickle trophy was earned today, but I decided instead to treat myself to a nice postrace pickle.





No comments:
Post a Comment