The Thanksgiving ISIS 5K Turkey Trot in Faribault, Minnesota was the 5th annual event. There was a 5K and a 10K event held. The 5K event attracted 582 people. I participated in the event with my wife and daughter. Several other of my wife's family members also showed up for the event, including three of Angela's cousins and one of her Aunts. The event was cold, as always, but allowed for more justification in an extra helping of Thanksgiving supper (as if I really needed justification to eat another helping). I took off at the gun giving chase to a couple of guys who were matching each other stride for stride and would eventually finish first and second in under 18 minutes. I crossed the finish line in 20:26, which was good for 5th place out of 582 runners in the 5K. My wife ran with my daughter for as long as Kaia could run, which was probably about a mile, and then walked the rest of the way, taking a shortcut to get Kaia to the finish line. In total they probably still went about 2 1/2 miles of running and walking which isn't bad for a 3 1/2 year old in a snowsuit. This was the 8th year my wife and I have both participated in the event, without missing a year. It has become a family tradition in the fullest sense.
Boston Marathon #22!
5 months ago








No comments:
Post a Comment