My wife and I participated in the BACC triathlon today which included a 1/4 mile swim, a 12 mile bike ride and a 5K run. The swim went well, but the bike and run sections were the held in snowy conditions. The winds were so powerful that they could bring a bike to a stop if you didn't pedal on a downhill. Bob Peterson was last year's winner and finished first again by a small margin. Mark Bittner nearly edged him out. I finished about 8 minutes back for third. This shows how much a lack of winter training really hurts early season. . .especially on the bike. It was my first real triathlon and went well. I wonder if snow is part of the forecast for next year's race? My time was 1:17:19. My swim time was 7:30. The bike time was 46:51. The 5K run time was 22:58.
Boston Marathon #22!
5 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment