Sunday, August 3, 2008

2008 Firehouse 50 Best of Both





The Firehouse 50 was a weekend full of fun and excitement. This year, several Rice Lake natives participated, with a good overall showing for the region. I was able to stay with the main pack once again to finish 10 seconds behind the first place finisher. My time for the bike race of 50.5 miles was 2:00:20.9 (24.9 mph). I was 49th overall out of 447 registrants (389 finishers). Fifty six bikers were in the main pack. I finished toward the back of the pack, but after last year's crash, I wanted to finish safely. In the 15K run, I finished 12th with a 1:03:07.1. This was about 3 seconds faster than last year's time. My best of both time was 3:03:28.0. I was fourth overall for the second straight year, and second in my age group. Brent Kann finished second overall and Mark Bittner was 10th overall in the Best of Both competition. Mike Cragg of Rice Lake finished in 2:00:17.0, which was the fastest anyone has finished the race in the 60-64 age group. My wife Angela also competed in the run and finished in 1:36:29.3.

No comments: