

This was the 3rd time my wife and I travelled to Woodville, Wisconsin for the Uff Da Run. I love the half marathon. Being completely on trail, it is easier on the feet. It was an atypical year for the 5K race. I have been used to having several 5K runners at the front of the pack running with the faster half marathoners, but this didn't happen. The 5K race was much slower this year. The speedy runners must have all done the half marathon. The race was won by a younger guy who finished around 1:12 something. I was near the front of the pack and since the course is out-and-back, I was at mile 6 when I crossed paths with the eventual leader (who was at 7.2 miles). My time was 1:26:59, which was three seconds slower than my record time for that distance. Had I known I was that close, I would like to think I could have increased the pace. I finished 6th overall and 2nd in my age group. I also am probably ready to retire the Injinji socks my brother gave me. They have been well used. I must say they are wonderful for long races. My wife also ran the half with a friend of hers. We are both in training for Grandma's Half Marathon next month.



No comments:
Post a Comment