Seriously, the prizes for this race were the most unusual of any race in Wisconsin. Mark Bittner and I travelled to Bloomer, Wisconsin, for the See Dick Run Race which had options of 2, 4, or 7 miles. Runners crazy enough could also opt to participate in the Bloomin' Idiot Endless Miles Run, which is essentially a marathon distance (or however far you run before you decide to turn around). This year there were 5 people who did this (I wonder if the support staff on the route outnumbered the number of racers?). Mark did the 7 mile run and I did the 2 mile run. I finished 1st with a time of 11:57 (this is a surprisingly hilly course and the hill near the first mile of the course takes it out of you). The award for finishing first. I received an Energizer battery and a loaf of bread. I know in the picture of me holding the prizes that there are 3 kids looking on in admiration, hoping that they one day would win these awards, but to be honest, I don't get the battery idea. I will say the loaf of cranberry walnut bread was very good. I would have rather had a couple loaves of that instead.
Boston Marathon #22!
5 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment