



The third annual CaRunBi triathlon was quite an event. It was a fun race although I was expecting a bigger turnout than what we had received. Supposedly there were three flat tires during the race. One guy yelled at me to let some volunteers know he needed a pump because he had dropped his pump near some railroad tracks. I would have kept the pump with me until I was done before trying to drop some weight. They warned everyone about not crossing the railroad tracks too fast, but some people apparently raised a big stink about this to the race directors. It was a great race as always. I finished in 1:06:39, which was 4 seconds slower than last year (still pretty consistent if you ask me). I was the second paddler back after the paddling portion and the second biker back after the biking portion. I finished first overall (third straight year) in the solo division and second overall if you include the teams. The team with Paul Hetke ("Paul's Angels") beat me. He's such a fast guy. My wife also participated and finished first overall out of the females. Congrats to Angela. It sounds like they may change the route a bit next year. Afterwards, my wife and I had a nice brunch with Sharon and Gary Mikolon and Steve Schultz. I tried some wonderful banana pecan pancakes. I would have posted a picture had I had my camera with me. They were that good!


No comments:
Post a Comment