I viewed today's race as my last race before our baby was born. More than likely I would not have any more races after today as a childless husband. Nevertheless, I kept my phone on me and checked often to make sure Angela was doing fine. As was my usual race distance of choice the last 2 years previous, I did the 2 mile race. I cooked through the first mile in 5:35, but slowed quite a bit to finish at 11:58 today which was good for 5th place (1st in my age group). The winner of the race set a new record with a time of 9:49. That's lower than 5 minutes per mile. The pictures taken were by a member from the Indian Head Track club. In the picture from the start of the race, I am the guy in the far right of the picture. In the second picture, I am the guy in the distance wearing the red shirt running on the trail behind the guy with the gray shirt).




No comments:
Post a Comment