Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Rice Lake Aquafest 10K

This was a fantastic night. The Aquafest 10K is always one of the best runs of the year. It is held on the beautifully maintained Ice Age Trail and this year a little rain was part of the equation. It rained hard during the race. At times, the rain was 2-3 inches deep in spots. One friend of mine (Mark Bittner) slipped on the dip and got a bit muddy. I guess he was just going all out. The race was dominated by several younger college-age runners. I came in with a time of 41:14, good for fifth overall and first in my age group. The winning time was 39:35, which was won by a young runner from Shell Lake, Wisconsin. It was a great run as it was basically a reunion of many people I know from biking and running events in the area. In the picture above, are Brian Arnold and Danette Hellman up front, with the second row containing (left to right) Gary Crisler, Rob White, Jonathon Delf, Josh Moe, Ron Kay, Mark Bittner, and Dave Gerber.

No comments: