Saturday, June 26, 2010

RCU Charity Classic



























My wife and I like the RCU Charity Classic for several reasons. They offer many different race options (10K and 2 mile) for adults and they are held at different times. The benefit of this is that each of us can do a race and be able to cheer for the other person. Most races do the events at separate times, but the RCU Charity Classic has grown so big that it would be almost impossible to hold both main events together. In addition, there are a couple of kids races, which makes it nice that attending this event can truly be a family affair. I did the 10K race at the start of the morning and clipped along to a good pace of 39:49, which was good for 17th place overall out of 382. My age division was stacked with several fast runners, and I finished 6th in my age group out of 50 other runners. I was happy in that my 10K time continues to lessen as the summer is going on. My wife ran the 2 mile and finished in 19:20. She was 7th out of 33 runners in her age group. I placed a race bib on Kaia and we walked the course (her first official race). We finished in 39:36. She actually finished a few feet ahead since she was in the stroller, sleeping the whole way.

No comments: