Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fishy Four

Traditions. . . I will probably always give out joke gifts to my family members at Christmas. I will always give respect to the wonderful Minnesota Twins. I will continue to celebrate the 4th of July and Thanksgiving with running races as there is no better way to celebrate the holidays than with an intense workout followed by fireworks or intense eating. This year was no different. We gave up the wonderful Tofte Trek which is still perhaps my favorite all time race for the fantastic Fishy Four. I have only done this one time before. This year, my biking buddies decided to make it interesting. You had to predict your time at the first mile. I got a little greedy. I thought I could run a 5:46, but settled for a 5:55. I didn't win the bet. . .I think the pool was up to $8. I did achieve a 24:41 for an average pace of 6:10/mile. I was happy with this since it was an improvement over my previous time in the run. Wouldn't you know it, I was 11th overall out of 506 runners, but finished 3rd in my age group, so no medal today. I was probably the highest overall age group finisher to not take home any hardware since the overall winner does not usually win an age group award, but instead takes an overall award. Well, I was very satisfied with the run and enjoyed seeing many good friends during the run and afterwards during the postrace ceremonies.

No comments: