Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cumberland Shooting Stars 5K





















Last year I didn't look closely enough at the newspaper listing the Shooting Stars 5K. I drove out to Cumberland only to find that the race was the next weekend. What a let down. This year I made sure to watch the date closely. It was fun to hear the race director describe the course. He mentioned it was a fairly flat course through the whole length of the course. It was anything but that. A huge hill that continued on for about the first 1/2 mile, then a steep downhill, and a real grinder at the end when you are ready to be done. It was a fun course. I finished in 19:09, with the male winner being a friend of mine, in 19:03. The female winner finished in 18:54 (I hear she is on a full-ride scholarship to the University of Washington for their cross country team). The post race festivities included a fun pancake breakfast. Pictures were taken by Katie Wilder from Katie Wilder Photography.

Complete results are found at
http://www.raceberryjam.com/indexrr.html

No comments: