Saturday, August 21, 2010

Boyceville "OK" Cucumber 10K






This year my goal was to stick to the path and not lose track of the sign markers. Not wanting to repeat what happened last year, I made sure to check out the route very well. One of these days there needs to be some competition brought for the 10K, as it is won on a yearly basis by the same guy for something like 10 years. On a funny basis, some guy in his forties or fifties ran and won the 1 mile race and stood on the podium with a couple of kids under 10 (who finished 2nd and 3rd). It would have been a funny picture. I am sure the picture of that would have some label underneath it such as "easy as taking candy from a baby" in reference to the forty/fifty year olds accomplishment, but congrats to him anyway. I ran the 5K race with a good early pace, but at the halfway point it was by no means a record-setting pace. I actually was on pace for a time about 19 minutes at the halfway point, but I think the push for the finish kept we working as I finished 2nd overall in a time of 18:53. The winning time was 10 seconds faster than my time. One of these days I will find a way to get a hold of one of those famous cucumber trophies. It would be a great thing for my collection.

No comments: