Thanksgiving Day races are the best runs of the year. It certainly helps to justify eating a bunch if you can say that you already ran a race the morning of Thanksgiving. This year marked the fifth year in a row that my wife and I have done this event. Traditions are great. Conditions were not. Much of the middle of the course was very slushy. Running on the bricks of downtown with all the slush and ice made for very slippery conditions. I saw one runner fall down at the halfway mark. The conditions were fair for the beginning and end of the race, but tricky for running otherwise. It was not my fastest 5K of the year, as I clocked in at 19:37, which was 36th out of 878 runners. This was pretty comparable to my time and finish from two years ago which was the last time that I ran this race. My wife and brother-in law also ran the race together, but decided not to wear costumes this year.
Boston Marathon #22!
5 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment