

Angela and I had a fun weekend with some friends of ours. We decided to celebrate our love for snowshoeing by walking the beautiful course together with our friends and taking in all the sights, sounds, and smells of the event. This is a great race, as the elevation profile is completely flat, other than a little pile of snow in the middle of the course. A truck fell partially into the ice in a weak spot during the set up for the course and made for some interesting pictures. My favorite was the one of the guy hitting the ice with the pick to see how strong the ice is. I wasn't prepared with any cold-weather diving gear to jump in and save the guy if he fell in like the truck. Although I missed the challenge of this race, I loved the opportunity to walk the course with my wife and participate in an event together with no stress at all to our day. It made for a wonderful weekend. My wife and I finished the race in 1:53:41.6 and enjoyed being in the middle of the pack
No comments:
Post a Comment