Sunday, February 27, 2011

Stomp the Swamp


My wife and daughter came down to see if I could "Stomp the Swamp" during this beautiful winter day. I love this course as there are some rolling hills through mostly single-track type of terrain. The race was dominated by a local runner Mark Beversdorf, who was so far ahead of everyone else that no one came anywhere close to him. I feel like the second half of the double-loop course went much better for me. I finished in 1:06:26 for a fourth place finish overall. I am not sure of how many competitors did the 12K race. As usually is found, the post race meal with Greek "Wedding Soup," Leine's 1888 Bock, Brownies, and other goodies proved to be more than filling. Race director Jay Punke puts out one of the best post-race food spreads I have seen for a race (especially a winter race). Following the race, my daughter helps me celebrate finishing second in my age group.

No comments: