The relay races were held on the second day of the United States National Snowshoe Races in Cable, Wisconsin. I teamed up with the Kann Clan, which consisted of my friend John and his two sons Brent and Jared (who tried snowshoe running for the first time that day). I tried to keep the pace strong early, and held second place throug the first couple of pictures which y wife was able to take for the first kilometer or so. Around the point of the big hill I gave up second place, but kept pushing the competitors. Our overall time was 51:54, which was 5th overall in the male open division. We almost could have participated in the family division. I am tall enough where I could have passed for one of the Kann family members. We posed for a picture following the event with Brent Kann, John Kann, Jared Kann, and myself representing the team (from left to right). On our way back to the hotel room following the event, I found a squirrel that must have froze over the night. It was solid as a rock and I found it along the road. This shows that we snowshoers must be crazy to be out there in the cold that was bad enough to freeze the squirrel into a popsicle. This is about as crazy as the photos get on this website.
Boston Marathon #22!
5 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment