Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rice Lake Aquafest 10K









































































The annual Aquafest race in Rice Lake has finally arrived. This is always one of my favorite races of the year because I get the opportunity to see quite a few of my running friends. The race started off with the sound of the gun and was a fast-paced match. Monte, Chris, and I headed up to the front for the start of the race. The Aquafest race is always known for being a hot and humid race and this race was like all others. Soon after the start Troy joined us in the front. The four of us headed the race up for the first few miles, but Chris and Monte kept the pace high up front. Monte was last year's winner, but could not match up with Chris who was the winner of the race. Troy finished third. Bryan Arnold secured the fourth spot with a surge at about 4 miles into the race which I could not match up. I finished in fifth overall and was first in my age group in a time of 41:58. My wife was able to catch a couple of pictures of Bryan and I near the finish line. Bryan got me by about 25-30 seconds. We also got a great picture of all the biking guys and their families. I especially like the picture of Ron in his USA basketball jersey. It sounds like several people migt dress to make this a costume race. That will be something fun to look forward to in the future. Stay tuned next year to see what types of costumes prevail. The photo of me running in the pack and the closeup of me running were taken by Valerie Leair of the Chronotype. My wife took the other pictures.

No comments: