Saturday, June 25, 2011

RCU Charity Classic 2011










































The RCU Charity Classic provided a first for my wife and I. We had completed an inline marathon together several years ago. However, we had never run a race together. I decided that it would be fun to run the race with Angela. We ran side by side and I pushed our beautiful daughter in our running stroller. We had a great time. Angela kept up a wonderful pace and we completed the race together. My time was 59:18 (239 out of 441). Angela finished a place and a second ahead of me. I think this might have been a record for her in the 10K and I was there to be there with her for it. Kaia just had a blast on the run and had the easiest time with the run. I love outfitting the stroller with a race number. It is so fun to have Kaia be such an active member of the race. I am not sure where she finished in the stroller division (there really isn't a stroller division), but she was tops in my eyes. It was another hot day for the RCU Charity Classic. After finishing, I decided to do subject myself to round two in the two mile race. Angela snapped a couple of great pictures during this race, including one of me looking back at the next closest runner on the bridge in the final seconds of the race. Perhaps this gave me some encouragement in the final seconds of the race to pass another runner or two. I finished in 12:04 (12th out of 310 and 3rd in my age group to medal on this hot morning). Angela snapped a few pictures of me as I found a sprinkler to cool off in the moments after finishing the race.

No comments: