Saturday, October 27, 2012

Harvest Hoot & Holler 5K

The Treasured Haven Farms Hoot & Holler offered a 5K and 7 mile event.  It was held at the owner's farm.  The shorter race went first with the second one offered second.  The race was in a fun location, but did not have the turnout that I think they were liking.  For me, it was kind of a last minute decision to even go.  I did the shorter event.  I held the lead until about the midpoint of the race, before being overtaken by another guy from a suburb of the cities.  My wife and daughter slept in so they did not attend.  The course was pretty hilly and was a course that wears you out pretty quick.   I finished the race in 22:02, which was 1:04 out of first place.  The course was enjoyable, but I wish that there would have been some pictures posted.  I have not been able to find any from that day.  The cool thing about this event is they make engraved plaques that are given to the overall winners and the age group winners.  I scored two plaques. . .one for being second overall out of 30 runners and another for being first in my age group.  While it would have been fun to try doing the 7 mile afterwards, I was spent and decided that one race was enough on a day like today. 

1 comment:

Angela said...

Bummed I missed it... Scenery looks gorgeous:)