I have to admit, Angela had a pretty nice hat. I traditionally wear a Santa outfit when running the Thanksgiving Day race. Sometimes when we have run at Thanksgiving it has actually snowed during the race. Not in the forecast today, but it was pretty chilly out today.
Santa rounds the corner for the final push toward the finish as I had to come in under the 20 minute barrier. I didn't leave any room for error as I crossed the line in 19:59.
Angela crossed the line in 31:56. Kaia finished just ahead of Angela. I am not sure if Kaia actually was able to see herself crossing the line, as it looks like she may be asleep.
It looks like I was right and Kaia was sleeping.
Mom and Kaia walk off toward warmer conditions inside the YMCA and also to snacks.
Kaia loves her daddy. She leans in for a big hug.
Our mom wanted to come see us run the race. It was a blast.
This has become our traditional breakfast on Thanksgiving morning, wherever we are. . .the postrace meal.
The race directors now keep the knife used to cut up fruit out of the open. Years ago when I first did this race, the knife was left out right in the open next to the fruit which seems dangerous. Perhaps they saw my previous blog from the 2007 Turkey Trot in which the knife was kept right next to the fruit.
Kaia's favorite part of the race are the animal cookies.
I went up to collect my medal for third in my age group and 23rd out of 522 runners. Everyone loves the "Ho Ho Ho" on the back of the pants.
My mom, Kaia, Angela, and I pose for a picture at the completion of the race.



1 comment:
Nice legs, Santa;)
Post a Comment