Instead of doing the Uff Da Run which I wanted to do and was something I had already signed up for, I decided to do a local race in Faribault, Minnesota since I wouldn't have to drive for more than three hours. We were in Faribault for a wedding this weekend and I didn't want to spend all the time driving when I could be spending time with family. I had a five minute or so drive compared to the longer drive I would have had if I had drove to the Uff Da Run. I don't know how many people did the race. No statistics were reported on this event. I was second out of the big group. My time was 19:45. I saw one of my wife's cousins, Jason (see bib #222 below), as I was getting ready. He came over and said "hi" and we exchanged "good luck" wishes. It was fun to see some family out of the course in a number of spots. I didn't get any pictures of myself running the race, but had a lot of fun and saved myself several hours of driving.
Boston Marathon #22!
5 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment