Saturday, July 12, 2008

Blue Hills Festival 5K Run/Walk







I participated in the Blue Hills Festival Run/Walk this morning. There was a kids 1/2 mile run and an adult 5K. It was a simple course. . .primarily a loop course which travelled past Bruce landmarks such as the high school, a local cemetery, and both a start and finish in the high school football stadium. Also a late start compared to most races, 10 am. I almost thought of heading to Turtle Lake for the 8 am start of the Turtle Trot (10K and 2 mile) and then traveling to Bruce to do this race. I held the lead for the first lap of the football stadium, but was quickly overtaken by two younger cross country racers. The winner of the race (Stan) is from Weyerhauser and runs for his college cross country team in Eau Claire. The winning time was 17:30. The second place runner was 17:39. I posted my second best 5K time ever, at 18:59. I was second in my age group (19-35). A nice run sponsored by several local organizations/businesses. The Blue Hills Lions Club was the primary sponsor. The accompanying newspaper photo was in the July 17, 2008, edition of the Ladysmith News by an unknown photographer.

No comments: